Monday, May 4, 2009

The Princess and the Pea.. or lack there of.

So, my back hurts and we finally went out and bought 2 new matresses from IKEA a couple of months ago. But here's the snag... I didn't get rid of the 2 we had, so now I've got too many! The first solution was to prop the old ones up against the wall in the hallway... and there they stayed until two weeks ago when we had company. So the guys wouldn't have to share a bed, the hall mattresses ended up in the living room for a make shift bedroom. But after the guests had gone, I was reluctant to put them back in the hall, it was nice having them out of the way.

So, last week, my friend Steph comes over and she suggested to put one mattress under each of my new IKEA ones, which would make the beds higher and get them out of my way. So we did that. And it was a good thing. But, (you know there is always a but) when the little boy came to stay with us, I was affraid he would topple out of the bed and crack his head.... so I took the extra from that bed and put it under ours.

This is the result:


So now I have to use the little step stool or the night stand to get in... Of course the hardest part is trying to remember that I'm that high up when the alarms goes off a 6am. So far I haven't killed myself...

At the very least, the bed is very comfy... Mattress #3 is very firm, #2 is medium firm, and #3 is just right... Just call me Goldie Locks!

No comments: