Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Truck, A Road, A Map

So, we finally got our truck!!!!

I was so excited to hear on Sunday that not only was our truck here at the dealer, but it was ready for us to drive off in! We went down to the dealership as soon as John got home, we made it just in time to file our registration. The first thing we did was drive half way to Abu Dahbi. We couldn't see anything cept the road and the street lights that went on for miles and miles... the road is lit the entire way to AD, from what we hear. John thought that driving out away from traffic, would be a good way to break us into driving as well as break in the new truck. We got a Ford Explorer, XLT, Silver with Grey leather interior. It's very nice and with all the construction it's very handy. It fits in the carpark, which is amazing because the spaces are very tight. So overall I'd have to say we are very happy with it.

We drove around on Monday looking for the motocross track that's all the way out by the Jebali Palm. Which as far as I can tell, is a giant sand field. Then we found the church that we want to try out the Friday, it was nice and it looks like it's gonna be just our style. Then we drove out towards the Villas that we *might* one day be offered... and I'd have to say NO. They are so far out and the temperature was 6 degrees hotter then our areas. Plus, the wind was whipping the sand about so agressivle that the truck is filthy! No thanks, I will stay right where I am.... in the middle of all the chaos. Our building is in a contruction zone, yes, but, once you are out of the contructions zone, you are near everything. Plus, we don't have to worry about sand getting in our ears!

Today I found the Office Mart, a far cry from Office Depot... but at least they had everything I needed to get... and the prices were very good. Then I found the Organic Market, which was a fantastic find! Truely...they have everything we would need. Then when I was leaving the market I found a branch of John favorite restaurant... which will make him so happy! They have his favorite dish, Shwarma! So yummy! and they also have grilled chicken, on a real grill... which as you may already know, is my one weakness. I would give up chocolate if I could have a proper grill!

After I explored the area a bit I stopped at a home store to find a plate for some Potppori and I learned how to use parking meters. Then off to Spinneys to get some coke zero and back home!

But the REALL BIG NEWS....


John has his very fist flight today! He is an official First Officer Type Rated on the Boeing 777! He went to Kuwait and back and he said everything went really well and he is loving it! I am so glad! It is so important that he loves his job. So much more then in the US. That fact alone will make our time here much more comfortable.

I also had a dentist appointment today... and they were so pleased that I has met all the requirements on paper and even more pleased to find out that I had great teeth that they sent me off smiling! I don't think I have ever had such a painless and happy visit to the dentist in my life!

So, John's got three days off and I think we are going to do a bit more exploring. I know we are going to look at bikes so he can start training again. He missed riding these past few months. So now he's getting plugged into a riding club and he will be back in shape and ready to take on the fall motocross series on a dirt bike. I'm so glad for him to keep up with racing, it's so much fun even for me! I'm tempted to get on a quad and chase him around! You never know!

Anyhow, I've been horrible about blogging lately, I will do better... well I will at least try to do better! But for now, I must go to sleep!

No comments: